Nomination Procedure for the Tennessee Junior Science and Humanities Symposium*
* NOTE: Schools may nominate no more than three students and one teacher. Additional nominees will not be considered.
- To be considered for participation in the TJSHS, students need to submit a Student Nomination Form signed by the sponsoring teacher, principal of the school, and a parent/guardian.
- Student nominations should indicate whether they are nominated to present a research paper or to attend and observe the presentations.
- For students who plan to present a research paper, the nomination form must be accompanied by a copy of the research paper, the abstract and the Project Information Form. Instructions for preparation of these are available under the guidelines for Preparation.
- Nomination forms must be submitted electronically as an e-mail attachment to the TJSHS office. The deadline for the submission of nomination forms and research papers has been extended to January 25, 2017 by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
- To attend the symposium, teachers must complete the Teacher Nomination Form, secure the signature of their principal, and send it with the student nomination forms from the school.
- Please make certain that the names, street addresses, and e-mail addresses on all nomination forms are complete, clear, and legible. It’s best to complete the form electronically and save as a pdf document.
- Complete forms, save as PDFs, and send by e-mail to: email@example.com..
The deadline for both student and teacher nominations is January 25, 2017 by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. This deadline will be strictly observed to allow the judging panel sufficient time to review all papers submitted so that they may inform students of the status of their papers by January 30. 2017 Nomination forms may be submitted before the deadline, but they will not be accepted past the deadline.