55th Annual Junior Science and Humanities Symposium Tennessee Regional (TJSHS)
March 5 – March 6, 2020
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Knoxville
The Tennessee Junior Science and Humanities Symposium gives high school students a chance to present original scientific research in a public forum and compete for scholarships, while providing participants opportunities for hands-on workshops, panel discussions, career exploration, and research lab visits.
- Promote research and experimentation in the sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) at the high school level.
- Recognize the significance of research in human affairs and the importance of human and ethical principles in the application of research results.
- Search out talented youth and their teachers, recognize their accomplishments at symposia, and encourage their continued interest and participation in the STEM disciplines.
- Expand the horizons of research-oriented students by exposing them to opportunities in the academic, industrial, and governmental communities.
- Increase the number of adults capable of conducting research and development.
- Provide opportunities for outstanding student researchers to present their findings orally to interested students and adults.