Tennessee Junior Science and Humanities Symposium
Application Deadline: February 15, 2023
Event Dates: March 9-10, 2023
University of Tennessee Student Union
1502 Cumberland Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37916
- The Tennessee Junior Science and Humanities Symposium gives high school students a chance to present original scientific research in a public forum and compete for scholarships, while providing participants opportunities for hands-on workshops, panel discussions, career exploration, and research lab visits.
- Every student, whether a presenting or non-presenting participant, must be accompanied by a teacher who has been approved by the school principal. If a student’s teacher mentor cannot attend the TJSHS, another teacher from the student’s school who is approved by the student’s school principal may accompany the student.
- Promote research and experimentation in the sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) at the high school level.
- Recognize the significance of research in human affairs and the importance of human and ethical principles in the application of research results.
- Search out talented youth and their teachers, recognize their accomplishments at symposia, and encourage their continued interest and participation in the STEM disciplines.
- Expand the horizons of research-oriented students by exposing them to opportunities in the academic, industrial, and governmental communities.
- Increase the number of adults capable of conducting research and development.
- Provide opportunities for outstanding student researchers to present their findings orally to interested students and adults.
2023 TJSHS Schedule
Check out our the schedule of events here: 2023 TJSHS Program
2023 Event Dates
The event dates for the TJSHS are March 9-10, 2023.
Sign Up For Our Email Newsletter
Click here to sign up for the UTK Pre-College Programs email newsletter.