58th Annual Junior Science and Humanities Symposium Tennessee Regional
Application Deadline: February 15, 2023
Event Dates: March 9-10, 2023
University of Tennessee Student Union
1502 Cumberland Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37916
- The Tennessee Junior Science and Humanities Symposium gives high school students a chance to present original scientific research in a public forum and compete for scholarships, while providing participants opportunities for hands-on workshops, panel discussions, career exploration, and research lab visits.
- Every student, whether a presenting or non-presenting participant, must be accompanied by a teacher who has been approved by the school principal. If a student’s teacher mentor cannot attend the TJSHS, another teacher from the student’s school who is approved by the student’s school principal may accompany the student.
- Promote research and experimentation in the sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) at the high school level.
- Recognize the significance of research in human affairs and the importance of human and ethical principles in the application of research results.
- Search out talented youth and their teachers, recognize their accomplishments at symposia, and encourage their continued interest and participation in the STEM disciplines.
- Expand the horizons of research-oriented students by exposing them to opportunities in the academic, industrial, and governmental communities.
- Increase the number of adults capable of conducting research and development.
- Provide opportunities for outstanding student researchers to present their findings orally to interested students and adults.
Application link will be live in October 2022. Application deadline is February 15, 2023.
2023 Event Dates
The event dates for the TJSHS are March 9-10, 2023.
Sign Up For Our Email Newsletter
Click here to sign up for the UTK Pre-College Programs email newsletter.