- 1st Place: $2,000 scholarship + Invited to National Symposium + Qualifies for National Symposium Oral Presenter scholarships
- 2nd Place: $1,500 scholarship + Invited to National Symposium + Qualifies for National Symposium Oral Presenter scholarships
- 3rd Place: $1,000 scholarship + Invited to National Symposium + Qualifies for National Symposium Poster Presenter cash awards
- 1st Place: Invited to National Symposium + Qualifies for National Symposium Poster Presenter cash awards
- 2nd Place: Invited to National Symposium + Qualifies for National Symposium Poster Presenter cash awards
- NSTA Teacher Award: TJSHS honors an individual teacher and their schools’ contributions to advancing student participation in STEM research by giving a $500 cash award to a dedicated educator
Students with the top research papers and abstracts will be asked to present their research orally in front of a panel of judges and their peers at the TJSHS. Only the students who are invited to give oral presentations will compete for the first-, second-, and third-place regional scholarships.
A total of $4,500 in undergraduate tuition scholarships will be awarded to the top three oral presentation finalists. The top five student presenters, top three oral presentation and top two poster presentation winners, will receive an all expense-paid trip to attend and compete at the National Symposium, where the top two TJSHS winners will be able to compete in the national competition for additional scholarships.
The scholarships can be used at any school of the student’s choice and will be payable upon matriculation. Only US citizens and permanent residents of the US and its territories are eligible to receive the scholarship awards.
The five finalists from the regional TJSHS become eligible to compete for National National Junior Science & Humanities Symposium tuition scholarships and cash awards.